Sexual Health is a state of physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being in relation to sexuality.
The American Sexual Health Association (ASHA) defines sexual health as, "the ability to embrace and enjoy our sexuality throughout our lives."
Being sexually healthy means:
- Knowing that sexuality is a full and natural part of life and involves more than sexual behavior.
- Being able to have sexual pleasure, satisfaction, and intimacy when desired.
- Being able to talk about sexual health with others including sexual partners and health care providers.
- Being able to recognize and respect the sexual rights we all share
- Having access to sexual health information, education, and care
- Putting a stop to STIs and unplanned pregnancies and seeking care and treatment when needed. (source: ashasexualhealth.org)
Click above to explore important sexual health topics and find tips on how to talk with your health care provider and speak openly with your current or future sexual partner(s).
To learn more about our ambassadors and for more social media messages, images, and videos related to the #SexualHealth campaign, please click here to see the complete toolkit.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org